Sunday, May 9, 2010

Book #22 - That Extra Half an Inch by Victoria Beckham

I am obsessed with celebrity gossip. I check people.com everyday to stay on top of what's happening in the celebrity world. Needless to say, my interest in Victoria Beckham peaked when she and her family moved to the U.S. a few years ago. Now, don't get me wrong, I have liked her since the Spice Girls - Posh Spice was indeed my favorite. So I knew I would read her book as part of this challenge.

It's not a true "autobiography" but It still tells the tale of her life, just through a different medium - fashion. In addition to providing fashion tips, we get insight into her fashion choices for some of her biggest life moments, including her wedding.

I would recommend knowing someone who is British or keeping google handy while reading - thank goodness for my friend Roxanne. She was able to explain what Beckham meant by "vests" and "jumpers" because it's not what you would usually think of as an American. But she had a lot more practical advice than I would have thought. At the end of the day, behind the stilettos, the make up and the fame, she is just a mom who needs to dress practically for her day, just like the rest of us.

And that's what I like most about following the lives of celebrities: discovering that they are, in fact, just like the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment