Monday, May 10, 2010

Book #24 - The Best Wedding Reception Ever by Peter Merry

As the wedding planning continues, naturally so does my desire to read book about planning weddings. I think it's only natural. This book was actually recommended to me by one of the entertainers at the DJ company we booked. He said it was the best book to read when planning a reception and that he gives it as engagement gifts to all of his family and friends. I figured if a wedding-industry professional was pushing it, it had to be worthwhile reading.

The main focus of this book is how to create an exciting, well-planned reception that runs smoothly. What I liked most about his advice was that Merry didn't offer up just one formula for a successful wedding. Instead, he provides a number of different scenarios to complement the type of wedding you're throwing, making it easy and natural to incorporate some of his unforgettable ideas into your special day.

Although Merry thinks that keeping guests engaged during the reception is key, I'm not so sure I agree. I don't think the guests attending my wedding reception will really want to spend the evening playing games and answering bride and groom trivia as if they were at a birthday party.
But don't get me wrong - that's not to say I didn't get any good ideas from reading. Sorry though; I can't give them away now, especially if I want to have the best wedding reception ever. Everything is under lock and key until 5.28.2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment